- Describe the functionality of Cable and Harness and the basic workflow to add and document cable and harness designs.
- Wire a harness assembly by adding or importing wires and cables, adding ribbon cables, adding route segments, and routing wires and cables through the segments.
- Refine a cable and harness design by editing the wires, cables, routes, or cable ribbons; by adding and editing splices; or by adding and editing virtual parts.
- Communicate your cable and harness to others by creating and annotating 2D drawings and exporting the design data.
- Create and manage the library file and configuration files.
- Create, author, and publish electrical parts and connectors to a custom Content Center library.
- Access to the 2021 version of the software is required. The practices and files included with this course might not be compatible with prior versions.
- Students should have completed the Autodesk Inventor Fundamentals course, or have an equivalent understanding of the Autodesk Inventor user interface and working environments.
- Knowledge of part modeling, assembly modeling, and drawing view creation and annotation, is recommended.