Understanding the purpose of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and how it is applied in the Autodesk Navisworks software.
- Consolidate Models
- Navigating the Autodesk Navisworks workspace and interface.
- Creating a composite model.
- Transforming models for proper alignment.
- Review and Analyze Models
- Using basic viewing tools.
- Saving and retrieving views.
- Sectioning a model.
- Investigating properties.
- Searching for items.
- Hiding and unhiding items.
- Measuring a model.
- Adding tags and comments to model components.
- Marking up and redlining the model.
- Animate a model.
- Reviewing a model for clashes.
- Consolidating redlines from other team members.
- Creating a construction timeline.
- Animating a construction timeline.
- Access to the 2021 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this course. Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that are not reflected in this course. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions (i.e., 2019).
- The 2020 Civil 3D object enabler must be installed on the computer running Navisworks.
- This course is designed for new and experienced users of the Autodesk Navisworks software in multiple disciplines. A working knowledge of 3D design and task-scheduling software is recommended.